10 Things You Can do to Protect the Potomac
Friday, April 13, 2012 - 3:30pm
- Scoop pet waste and avoid using salt to de-ice (Click here for alternatives)
- Plant a rain garden or use a rain barrel
- Properly dispose of hazardous wastes like oil and paint (Learn where here)
- Use natural fertilizers and do not over-fertilize your lawn or use chemical pesticides (Learn more about organic lawn care here)
- Drink tap water instead of bottled water. (NRDC Report here)
- Wash your car at a commercial car wash or use biodegradable soap (Learn more here)
- Choose environmentally friendly products free of harmful chemicals (Find some here)
- Safely dispose of unused drugs and other chemicals – DO NOT FLUSH!
- Report Pollution to Potomac and Shenandoah Riverkeepers
- Visit the river and show your friends and family why it's important!